Where I'm At & Where I Want To Go


Current Reality & The Dream

Where I'm at: 

So currently, I'm 7 years deep in to being a music producer and although it has it's fair share of ups and downs,  I'm certain that it's what I'd love to do for the remainder of my life because no matter what happens, if I take a break or get a full time job, I crave to make music again.

I currently work a casual job (flexible schedule, not rigid like part time or full time), earning just enough to cover living (Not going to lie, at my parents house cos housing prices around Melbourne are insane).
I work hard doing music every day that I can (breaks for inspiration & living i.e, hanging with friends permitted) when I'm not at my job, or working up until my shift when I do have to go to my job. 


It's a career choice full of sacrifice, though I figure while I'm young I can afford to give a career in music a solid swing (time rich, money poor) and I believe that it will pay off if I do the work, meet the right people and don't be a shit cunt. Though, sometimes I get waves of doubt, that it might be a waste of time pursuing a career in music as it's well known that you'll be broke before seeing any kind of success.

Despite that, I'm willing to push through the broke lifestyle because the idea of quitting without seeing where I can truly take it fills me with so much regret, without even making that decision. So I don't even consider that when it gets tough. I have a vision of where I want to go, I aim to stay inspired and motivated every day & steer clear of anyone or anything that might try to throw me off. 


Where I want to go:

I want to see my vision become a reality, hear the roar of a crowd and hear/feel/see their reaction to my music, travel the world to play shows/festivals, meet some of the many musical geniuses around the world, create a new musical experience/fantasy for people to get immersed into & go to sleep knowing that I'm my own boss and have control of my work, career & where I want to go, knowing that whatever I experience is the result of a decision I've made and not what someone else is deciding for me, that I can steer the ship to where I want to go.
I want to be a household name, have enough money to be able to live a comfortable life and take those closest to me to places they'd never have dreamt of seeing.


- J

Comments